Mr Ali Kubba
MB ChB FRCOG FFSRH
Consultant Medical Gynaecologist
- I am the Lead Consultant in colposcopy & reproductive healthcare @ Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Honorary Senior Lecturer at Kings College, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, London, UK.
- Honorary Professor at Basra School of Medicine, Iraq
- Worked in the field of women’s health for 40 yeas
- On the Board of the European Society of Gynaecology
- Vice President of the European Society of contraception and reproductive health
- Author of several books and papers in women’s health
- International speaker and advocate for healthy sexual and reproductive lives for women and men.
- Member of the British Menopause Society and trainer in menopause care
- I head the largest colposcopy unit in London dealing with problems with abnormalities in the vulva, vagina and cervix. I am a trainer in colposcopy
Menopause including non-hormonal treatments and hormone implants; genital/urinary problems associated with hormonal changes, vaginal rejuvenation techniques
Management of women with abnormal smears, polyps and cervical abnormalities. Colposcopy; loop diathermy treatment, polyp removal, HPV testing, treating warts. I provide the full range of HPV vaccination. Testing for sexually transmitted and other infections.
Abnormal bleeding menstrual problems
Genital prolapse and vaginal laxity; non-surgical treatment pelvic floor exercises, referral for new physiotherapy techniques, vaginal rejuvenation technologies, vaginal ring devices
Contraception and Complex contraceptive problems such as lost IUDs/coils, contraceptive implant removal; problems with side effects of hormones, Mirena + new range of these devices; use of local anaesthesia, female barriers such as caps and diaphragms. I am an international specialist in this area.
Gynaecological infections, vaginal discharge;
Well women screening for a full range of conditions, including cervical screening + life style advice
Assessment and medical management of fibroids
Assessment and medical management of endometriosis
- British Medical Association,
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- British Menopause Society
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and member of the Obs/Gyn Section
- Vice President of the European Society of Contraception and reproductive Health
- Board member of the European Society of Gynaecology
- Member of the London Society of contraception
Guy’s Hospital, London