Want To Feel Energised? How to Boost Wellbeing
Recapture your sense of wellbeing
Imagine waking up feeling energetic, clear headed and lively; imagine feeling motivated to exercise and feeling even more energised afterwards; imagine dealing with the stressful events in your life and bouncing straight back to top form; and imagine how all this could impact on your family and friends.
Natural health therapist and clinical nutritionist Stephanie Moore has the answer. “To increase your sense of wellbeing it’s important to address each of your needs, the emotional, psychological, physical and nutritional aspects of our lives.” Here’s some tips how.
8 steps to feeling great
Stephanie Moore, who works at Twenty-five Harley Street Day Clinic, and is one of Vogue Uk’s ‘Fresh Faces of Wellbeing’, has top tips for boosting holistic wellness.
- Give your body the right fuel so it can function at its best
- Minimise the burdens you place upon your body. Chemical exposure, pollutants, stress, negative emotions, artificial additives, processed fats, refined foods – they all have a detrimental effect upon your health.
- Move your body regularly. Challenge it, push it and stretch it in a way that makes you feel good.
- Find a positive emotional outlet. Express yourself!
- Take time to focus on yourself and on meeting your needs.
- Ask for what you need and ask for help when you need it.
- Set realistic, motivating goals for your life in general and for your health in particular. Re-evaluate them regularly.
- Learn to recognise and update old habits and beliefs which no longer work for you and are holding you back.
“Low energy, lethargy, fatigue are such constant complaints in my clinic, and there are many, many reasons why you might be feeling perpetually wiped, so give your body the best chance to re-balance and rev up by feeding it real food,” says Miss Moore.
“Malnourished cells simply cannot produce the energy you require for all your bodily functions and for the external energy you need to get on with getting on.”
She suggests you lay off the sugar and processed foods and opt instead for:
- Having 4-5 Brazil nuts a day gives you your daily quota of the nutrient selenium. Nuts and seeds are also energy sustaining complex carbohydrates. Try a handful of raw almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or macadamias.
- A range of green leafy veg will supply loads of potassium and magnesium.
- Eat meat that looks like meat from grass-reared animals. This will have high quality protein, packed with amino acids and the fat that contains Omega 3, key for energy production and managing blood sugar levels. Other sources include fatty fish like salmon and sardines, products of soya beans like tofu, and spinach.
- Aubergines can help keep your iron levels up, containing ‘Nasunin’, which maintains existing blood vessels.
Protect your health
Most experts agree that preventative care is the best way to protect your health. Sometimes if you’ve been feeling lacklustre, it can give you peace of mind and insight to have a health check in the form of a blood screening.
Twenty-five Harley Street Day Clinic, is currently offering each new patient booking an appointment with a private GP a free Essential Baseline blood test worth £110, from now up until the 31st of August 2017.
This test looks at key health markers for your liver and kidney function, cholesterol, diabetes, bone health, gout and inflammation as well as a full blood count which looks at red and white blood cells, indicators of anaemia, and will help your doctor to identify any problems.
Simply quote “25/GP/Baseline” when you phone our Appointments Team on 020 3883 9525
Twenty-five Harley Street Day Clinic provides a premier GP service 24/7
- Walk-in appointments
- Home visits available
- Out of hours care 24/7, as required
- Male and female GPs available
- Private prescriptions issued
- Referrals to the UK’s top consultants
- Blood tests and screening with fast results
Our caring and highly-skilled doctors provide a five-star service. Appointments at the clinic are £195 for 30 minutes. Follow up-appointments are £110 for 15 minutes.